Shredded Paper makes an excellent, dry, absorbent bedding material for use on cow cubicles. Paper-bed is produced from crushed plasterboard. The product is shredded down to finger nail sized pieces of paper, cleaned and screened to produce a soft open mix.
The product is easily handled through a tractor mounted bedding dispenser and very absorbent.
Paper-bed is very competitively priced and available in bulk loads across much of England and Wales.
Typical usage rates 2.0kgs - 2.5kgs per cow cubicle per day. With a bedding cost of 6 - 10 pence per cow, Paper-Bed beats most other bedding materials.
Paper-Bed is One of the Most Cost Effective Cubicle Bedding Materials Available
Advantages of Paper-Bed
- Comfortable, Dry and Inert Bedding Material
- Paper-Bed is dry, warm and very absorbent
- Great for cow comfort
- Produces a cushioned, springy bed
- Very comfortable to lie on with minimal hock damage
- Cows stay very clean
- Dry product so needs to be stored indoors
- Delivery in 26 tonne bulk walking floor loads
- Competitively priced and very cost effective to use
- The low price allows generous application of 2.0kg - 2.5kg/cow/day
- Costs are lower than most bedding materials at 6 - 10 pence per cow cubicle per day
Paper-Bed is one of the most effective bedding materials available for use on cow mats and mattresses. Due to the cost effective nature of the product, Paper-Bed can be used generously and built up at the front of the cubicles for extra cow comfort. This means that cows can be bedded up 2 - 3 times per week with the backs of the beds cleaned off twice a day for maximum cleanliness and good hygiene.
Paper-Bed beats Most other Cubicle Bedding Materials
BETTER HYGIENE, HEALTHIER COWS, MORE MILK, LESS CULLING, MORE PROFIT
Cheaper and more effective solutions to hygiene in cubicle housing
For information on other cubicle bedding: RWN Cattle Bedding Products
For advice on improving cow comfort and hygiene in livestock housing contact Richard Webster